Have you been storing old computers and accessories, printers or TVs in your garage or attic? Do you see
e-waste left in your neighbourhood? Could it be recycled for free by TechCollect?
If you take a photo of e-waste and share it with us before 7th April, you could win a brand new Lenovo ThinkCentre M27e Tiny desktop and monitor valued at $899.
All you have to do to enter is:
1. take a photo of e-waste at home or in your neighbourhood that can be recycled by TechCollect. See what we recycle here
2. complete the competition entry form at www.facebook.com/techcollect and upload your photo.
Tell your friends so they can enter too.
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M72e Tiny desktop is big on performance, but small on footprint. It’s recognised for it’s environmental credentials and energy efficient design with EPEAT™ Gold, UL Environment Gold, Energy Star®, GREENGUARD® and Cisco EnergyWise. The prize includes the Lenovo L197W monitor. A big thanks to TechCollect member, Lenovo, for donating this prize.
The winner will be decided on e-waste recycling merit by TechCollect. Competition closes 7 April 2013. Photos taken at TechCollect sites are not valid for entry. Photos will be posted on Facebook.com/techcollect. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into the TechCollect Facebook competition (Competition) is considered acceptance of these terms & conditions of entry.
2. The promoter is Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Ltd. (ANZRP Ltd) ABN 29 154 190 691, Level 4, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000 (trading as TechCollect).
3. The Competition commences at 8pm (Sydney time) on 21 March 2013 and ends at 10pm (Sydney time) on 7 April 2013 (Competition Period).
4. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the determination by ANZRP Ltd of the winning entry. Each entry will be judged by ANZRP Ltd according to its merits and the winning entry will be chosen on the basis of it being the best example of e-waste that can be recycled by TechCollect when compared against all other entries.
5. Entry is open only to Australian residents who are not ANZRP Ltd‘s staff, contractors, or members of the ANZRP Board, or members of their immediate family (you or Eligible Entrants). Entry is not open to any person outside Australia.
6. If you are under the age of 18 you must have parental/guardian approval to submit an entry into the Competition.
7. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
8. To enter the Competition you are required to:
a. take a photograph within the Competition Period of an item(s) of e-waste (i.e. an old computer, computer accessories, printer or television) that can be recycled by TechCollect (Photograph); and
b. complete and submit the entry form available at www.facebook.com/techcollect and upload your Photograph before the end of the Competition Period.
9. It is at the sole discretion of ANZRP Ltd to determine what items are considered e-waste for the purpose of this Competition.
10. Photographs taken at TechCollect sites will not be valid for entry into the competition.
11. Once a submitted Photograph is approved by ANZRP Ltd as a valid Competition entry it will be published on www.facebook.com/techcollect
12. Each Eligible Entrant that has entered the Competition warrants that their Photograph is their original work and that it does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights.
13. Each Photograph once submitted becomes the property of ANZRP Ltd and by entering into this Competition you agree that all intellectual property rights to your Photograph vests in ANZRP Ltd and that you waive all moral rights that you may have in relation to your Photograph.
14. Eligible Entrants must not submit a Photograph:
a. that displays any unsavory content, which includes, but is not limited to, violent, pornographic, obscene, indecent, racist, illegal or defamatory images;
b. that attempts to advertise or promote goods or services, websites, competitions or for any other commercial purposes; or
c. that displays a picture of an individual other than the Eligible Entrant.
15. If ANZRP Ltd determines in its absolute discretion that if a Photograph displays any of the content described in clause 14 it will not be accepted as a valid Competition entry.
16. ANZRP Ltd reserves the right at any time to disqualify entries which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to the personal details of the Eligible Entrant.
17. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of ANZRP Ltd (including any action taken by a relevant regulatory authority, power failures, network failures, computer viruses or other technical failures) ANZRP Ltd reserves the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Competition.
18. The winning entry (Winner) will be chosen by 5pm (Sydney time) on 8 April 2013 (Competition Date) at the offices of ANZRP Ltd. There will only be one winning entry chosen and ANZRP Ltd’s decision on the winning entry is final.
19. The Winner will receive a Lenovo ThinkCentre M72e Tiny desktop including Monitor L197W valued at $899.00 (Prize).
20. The Winner will be notified by email within two business days of the Competition Date. The Winner must claim the Prize by responding to the email by 5.00pm (Sydney time) on 11 April 2013. If the Winner does not respond by this date then a second winner will be selected. The new winner will be notified in the same way as described in these terms and conditions.
21. ANZRP Ltd reserves the right to request the Winner to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated delivery address in order to claim the Prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of ANZRP Ltd. In the event that a winner cannot provide adequate proof, the Winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and another winner will be chosen.
22. The Prize will be sent to the Winner by post within 10 business days of the date that the Winner provides ANZRP with details of their preferred postal address. ANZRP Ltd will pay for all postage costs and will take no responsibility if the Prize is damaged in transit.
23. ANZRP Ltd will take no responsibility if the Winner’s contact details are incorrect or incomplete or the Winner cannot be contacted.
24. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
25. The Winner’s name and the Photograph submitted by the Winner may be used for promotional purposes by ANZRP Ltd and in particular may be published on www.facebook.com/techcollect, www.twitter.com/techcollect, the TechCollect website www.techcollect.com.au, in emails, print notices and advertisements or other promotional materials of ANZRP Ltd.
26. By entering into this Competition, each Eligible Entrant understands that the ANZRP Ltd’s Privacy Statement applies to them, available at http://www.anzrp.com.au/privacy-policy.html . ANZRP Ltd may use and disclose personal information provided by the Eligible Entrant in accordance with the terms of the Privacy Statement.
27. ANZRP Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred by any Eligible Entrant in entering the competition.
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, ANZRP Ltd (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
29. Eligible Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook.
30. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.