ANZRP forms Governing Board of Directors to tackle e-waste
Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Limited (ANZRP) today announced the appointment of its Board of Directors. The nine member Board comprises seven industry members and two independent Directors, Mark Mackay, Chairman ANZRP Limited and Martin Stokie, Partner PwC Australia.
The ANZRP Board of Directors:
- Mark Mackay – Chairman, ANZRP Limited.
- Robert Mesaros – Vice President, Printing and Personal Systems South Pacific, Hewlett Packard Australia Pty Ltd.
- Alan Munro – Managing Director, Lenovo ANZ Pty Ltd.
- Janet Leslie – Manager Sustainability, Canon Australia Pty Ltd.
- Garry Pearce – Human Resources and Environment Manager, Epson Australia Pty Ltd.
- Steve Rust – Managing Director, Panasonic Australia Pty Ltd.
- Martin Stokie – Partner, PwC Australia.
- Michael Wilson – General Manager Business Operations, CSO, Fuji Xerox Australia Pty Ltd.
- Mark Whittard – Managing Director, Toshiba Australia Pty Ltd.
Chairman Mark Mackay said ‘Directors on the ANZRP Board represent leading technology and consumer electronics organisations and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to drive the success of ANZRP. There is no better authority on how to effectively recycle these products than the companies that made them in the first place. This Board is committed to ensuring that the needs of all our members are met and that ANZRP, as their service provider of choice, delivers on its commitments.’
‘These companies are leaders in product stewardship globally, they have a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and the environment’, he said. ANZRP is a not-for-profit industry run member body and represents the majority of organisations that have obligations under the Government’s Product Stewardship Act 2011.
On 14 September 2012 ANZRP officially launched its community recycling program, TechCollect, providing a free TV and computer recycling service for households and small business in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of Australia. TechCollect is the official program of ANZRP which is one of three approved co-regulatory arrangements under the Federal Government’s National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme.
For further information contact: